SONG OF THE DAY

Dust on the ground - Bombay Bicycle Club


Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. - Mahatma Gandhi

WHO?

My photo
Ontario, Canada
I just love music.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Variation..

I've been really just mixing up my music these past few weeks. Variation is the word of the day.

A bit of folk would most definitly be Bon Iver. He is amazing, and i'm sure you've heard him before. If you have not yet token the time to listen to his entire album For Emma, Forever Ago. It would be a very good and productive way to consume time. It's an excellent CD, with excellent music. I'm going to post a song that you have likely not heard yet :
For Emma - Bon Iver


A bit of " Pop " which i really would not label this song as pop, just because well I label pop as disney music and really known artists and songs. This song on the contrary, it only amazing. The lyrics are so well written, and it tells such a beautiful story. It touches everyone in a certain way..
Car Crash - Wakey!Wakey!


An excellent Acoustic song is one that tells a story not only with voice, but also with the instrument. The song Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez is an amazing acoustic song. I could listen to it over and over and over again and never does it fade me how beautiful this song is.
Heartbeats- Jose Gonzalez


Now, lets jump to Alternative styled music, I don't really agree with some music labeled alternative, just because music can be placed in so many different categories. That is besides the point, and the point is that Once more with feeling - Get cape. Wear cape. Fly is such an excellent song, that i really wanted to share it.
Once more with feeling - Get cape. Wear cape. Fly


Instrumental music. A lot of people are not very wanting to listen to instrumental music, but it's only because they don't realize how amazing some of it is. A lot of it tells a story, and there are even select songs that even though they have no voice attached, they spark your inner being and make you sing to them anyways, or hum or mumble. I'm going to throw two instrumentals at you today, because these songs are truly amazing..
Your hands in mine - Explosions in the sky


The Adjustor - The Octopus Project


I am not a huge fan of electronic, but Ben Gibbard of Death Cab For Cute is featured in Styrofoam's Couches In Alleys and managed to help me in understand how good it could be..
Couches in Alleys - Styrofoam


For a little Folk/Pop my choice was EASY. A fine frenzy is among one of my favorites. I could listen to her for the rest of my life, and her music would never phase me. Her voice is among one of the most unique and amazing i've ever heard. Choice of song today would be What I Wouldn't Do.
What I Wouldn't Do - A fine frenzy


WELL, i feel like today that is a good range of music.
Have a good one!
Cheers
Chels.

No comments:

Post a Comment